How to Wish Happy New Year in Chinese
In a few days we will celebrate the arrival of 2018. You will wear red underwear, you will noisily pop champagne corks and we will, as tradition requires, exchange greetings for the New Year. If your international friendships lead you to send messages even in Mandarin, this year, avoid the simple “新年快乐! Xīnnián kuàilè!” And opt for something more elaborate and personalized with these:
10 Ways to Wish Happy New Year in Chinese
First of all it should be clarified that in China there are two different “New Years” celebrations: the first is the so-called “Spring Festival” 春节 (Chūnjié), which usually falls between the last two weeks of January and the first two of February. The second New Year is the one celebrated worldwide that is on January 1st, which in Chinese is called 元旦 (yuán dàn). There is, however, an interchangeable and usable term for both events: 新年 (xīn nián) literaly “New Year”.
Here is a list of 10 ways to wish happy New Year in Chinese:
1. Best wishes for a happy New Year!
Zhù xīnnián kuàilè, bìng zhì yǐ liánghǎo de zhùfú.
2. I wish you good health and good luck in the New Year!
Zhù nǐ zài xīn de yī nián lǐ shēntǐ jiànkāng, duō fú duō shòu
3. I wish that luck, happiness and joy accompany you throughout the New Year!
Gōng zhù xīnnián jíxiáng, xìngfú hé huānlè yǔ nǐ tóng zài.
4. Happy New Year with wishes of good health and a sucessful career
Gōnghè xīnxǐ, zhù shēntǐ jiànkāng, shìyè fādá
5. Please accept my best wishes for a happy New Year to you and your family!
Qǐng jiēshòu wǒmen duì nǐ jí nǐ quánjiā dì měihǎo zhùfú, zhù nǐmen xīnnián kuàilè
6. May joy and happiness always stay with you.
Yuàn kuàilè xìngfú yǒng bàn nǐ zuǒyòu.
7. On this special day, I want to wish you a Happy New Year with the hope that we will soon be together.
Zài zhè tèshū de rìzi, xiàng nǐ zhì yǐ xīnnián de zhùfú, xīwàng bùjiǔ wǒmen néng xiāngjù zài yīqǐ.
8. I wish that all that you want for this New Year comes true!
Yuàn nǐ suǒyǒu de xīnnián xiǎng dōu chéng zhēn!
9. May you have a great New Year!
Yuàn nǐ dùguò zuì měihǎo de xīnnián!
10. May this New Year be bright and splendid! Happy Holidays!
Yuàn nǐ de xīnnián guāngcǎi duómù, yuàn nǐ de xīnnián cànlàn huīhuáng! Jiājié kuàilè!
As we have seen, the happy new year wishes in Chinese are closely linked to the concepts of luck, health, longevity and success. So what are you waiting for ?! Best wishes to your friends with these 10 phrases and start the New Year enriching your vocabulary!