Study Chinese at LTL for a full University semester (18 weeks). Our classes take place in small groups (average of 4 students per group, maximum 6) and all of our teachers are experienced and University qualified, ensuring you get the best quality learning experience we can offer. Classes take place daily from Monday to Friday and last for 4 hours per day. 2 hours in the morning, followed by an hour for lunch and then 2 hours in the afternoon once you’ve rejuvenated.
The course curriculum focuses on the four main aspects of Mandarin; speaking, listening, reading and writing. The content of your textbook also covers a wide number of topics from daily conversation skills, culture to business and economics. Hard working students can expect to go from being an absolute beginner to passing at least a HSK level 3. For those of you who choose to study for two semesters, functional fluency is a realistic aim.
Why you should choose the LTL Semester Program
- Highest teaching standards – LTL continues to hire the best teachers from universities all over China. An LTL teacher will have spent years gaining experience at other institutions before joining the LTL teaching team and hold a University degree in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (对外汉语).
- Small class sizes – Class size is usually 3-4 students and never more than 6, allowing students to get the individual attention during class they need.
- Immersion – We help you and encourage you to speak Chinese outside of the classroom.
- Support – Before and during your course, the LTL team in Shanghai is always available for help, support or any other questions you might have.
- Accommodation options – Choose between living with a Chinese host family or in apartments shared with local Chinese students.
- Social Life – LTL has a weekly social calendar full of events, almost all are free of charge, from dinners to karaoke to sightseeing tours. The program is a great choice if you’re looking to make friends and experience Chinese culture to the full.
- Duration – A semester lasts for a full 18 weeks.
- Free textbooks – All course material is included in the course fee
- International environment– At LTL there is no dominant student nationality. Your classmates might come from any country between Canada and Australia, Russia and South Africa.
For more information about our semester course or to receive a quote, please Contact us
Please see below for the full pricing of the Chinese language Semester program (all prices are in Chinese Yuan (CNY)).
Standard Semester: 20h/week small group class
One hour group class: 55 minutes
Instructors: University Certified Chinese Language Teachers
Class Size: Average 3 students – maximum 6 students/group class
- Course tuition
- Excellent education with experienced teachers
- All course materials
- 24/7 support
- Personal expenses
- Accommodation (optional)
Dates & Durations
Spring 2017: 13. Feb (2017) – 16. June (2017)
Fall 2017: 11. Sep (2017) – 12. January (2018)
Note: Full payment before the program’s start is required.
For full Quotas and/or Questions, please Contact us
- Small groups (Average 3 people)
- Certified teachers
- Academic curriculum
- Monthly start dates
- Learn Chinese and make friends
- Based in central Shanghai
Studying Mandarin in a group is one of the best ways to learn Mandarin in Shanghai. LTL group classes are small, with a maximum of six students in Shanghai. Students learn Chinese together, quickly make friends and explore Shanghai together, while classes are still small enough to give everyone the opportunity to speak during class. For students who want to learn quicker and progress faster, studying a combination of studying small group classes and individual classes is also a great option. read more
- Personalized curriculum
- Fully qualified teachers
- Weekly start dates
- 1 on 1 classes
- Central Shanghai location
Learn Chinese according to your needs, speed and preferences. Individual Chinese courses are fully tailored to a student’s preferences, level, and learning habits and allow very fast progress. For intensive Chinese study individual classes in Shanghai are a very good choice. Also for students who want to improve in specific areas, like tones, pronunciation, Chinese characters, spoken or business Chinese. read more
- Study Chinese in different cities
- Combine courses in Shanghai, Beijing & Chengde
- Continuity: same Chinese program different cities
- Total immersion options in Chengde
- Experience different parts of China, while learning Mandarin
Learn Chinese not only in Shanghai, but also other Chinese cities. While Shanghai is one of the world’s most exciting cities, it is also very different to the rest of China and with a multi-city Chinese program, students have the option to study Mandarin and experience different parts of China at the same time. Study in a combination of place, from international Shanghai to traditional Beijing and historic Chengde. read more
If you have any questions regarding our destinations, courses, accommodation or even if you just want to say hello, we are always happy to hear from you. You can contact us using the form below or if you’d prefer, email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will normally be in touch within 24 hrs of receiving your message, although you may have to wait a little longer at weekends.
If you need to speak to us urgently, you can always give us a call on +86 10 5100 1269 for Beijing, or +86 21 3368 0866 for Shanghai, between 8.30am and 6.30pm local Beijing/Shanghai time.
* These fields are required.
How to Sign Up
Know everything you need to know? Ready for your Chinese adventure? You can sign up online for your language course at LTL by filling out the form on our Sign Up page
If you want to learn about the LTL sign up process, you can download our LTL Sign Up Guide for step by step information.