Study Chinese for one or two full university semesters with LTL where we guarantee small group classes and only qualified teachers. We ensure all teachers are graduates of teaching Chinese as a foreign language and are experienced teachers. Chinese language semester courses are organized by semester with four hours of group class every day offering the structure you would expect from a university program whilst benefitting from a small group class environment. Classes on average have 3-4 students but will never exceed 6.
The course curriculum focuses on all aspects of mandarin; speaking, listening, reading and writing, whilst also covering a wide number of topics from daily conversation skills, culture to business and economics. Hard working students should expect, if starting from scratch, to achieve at least a HSK level 3. For those studying for two semesters functional fluency is a realistic aim.
- Highest teaching standards – LTL hires the best teachers from universities all over China for it’s Chinese language courses. A teacher must have spent years gaining experience at other institutions before joining the LTL teaching team and of course hold a University degree in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (对外汉语).
- Small classes – Class size is usually 3-4 students and never more than 6, allowing students to get the individual attention during class they need.
- Immersion – We help you to speak Chinese outside of the classroom.
- Support – Before and during your course, the ever helpful LTL team is always available for help, support or any other questions you might have.
- Accommodation – Choose between living with a Chinese host family or in apartments shared with local Chinese students.
- Class length – Each group class at LTL lasts 55 minutes.
- Duration – A semester lasts for a full 18 weeks.
- Textbook – Your first textbook is included in the course fee
- International – At LTL there is no dominant student nationality. Your classmates might come from any country between Canada and Australia, Russia and South Africa.
For more information, please Contact us
Please see below for the full pricing of the Chinese language Semester program (all prices are in Chinese Yuan (CNY)) or download the LTL Semester Programs brochure.
Standard Semester: 20h/week small group class
One hour group class: 55 minutes
Instructors: University Certified Chinese Language Teachers
Class Size: Average 3 students – maximum 6 students/group class
- Course tuition
- Excellent education with experienced teachers
- All course materials
- 24/7 support
- Personal expenses
- Accommodation (optional)
Dates & Durations
Fall 2016: 26. Sept (2016) -27. Jan (2017)
Spring 2017: 6. Feb (2017) – 9. June (2017)
Fall 2017: 18. Sept (2017) – 19. Jan (2018)
Note: Full payment before the program’s start is required.
For full Quotas and/or Questions, please Contact us
Social Life at LTL
- Meet other students from all over the world
- Great student community
- School dinners, karaoke, drinks and many other activities
- Climb the Great Wall together
- Spend traditional Chinese Holidays with other students and LTL
Community is very important for us at LTL. Our students come from all over the world, with a very wide variety of backgrounds, language abilities and China experience but are all united in their passion for learning Chinese and discovering China’s culture. We study together, meet for dinners, join for drinks, explore China’s capital and hope to meet many friends along the way. Learning Chinese can be more fun than a holiday. Join one of China’s most international and fun communities while learning Mandarin in Beijing. read more
I selected to take the intensive semester course 4 months. This included a group class 4 hrs per day and one on one class 2 hrs per day. I also chose to combine this with a home stay so as to completely immerse myself in Chinese Culture and language. I found this to be very rewarding.
As far as the classes go, the group class where small, never more than 5 students at a time, so teacher student interaction is very good. I found the one on one class to very flexible; you can tailor this class to suit your own needs and pace. I found the teaching staff, school facilities and the support staff (very important when you don’t speak the language) to be of a very high caliber. No matter how long you have, I would thoroughly recommend LTL to anyone wishing to learn Mandarin.
18 week semester program with 1-on-1 and homestay accommodation
The School Location
The LTL Beijing Central Business District campus
- Located in the heart of the city
- 400m walking distance to subway station
- All you can drink free coffee & tea
- Gym, basketball court, and swimming pool inside the complex
- Banks, restaurants and shopping malls within walking distance
Study Chinese in centre of Beijing, the Central Business District. With convenient subway and bus access, plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars right next to our school, the area around LTL is filled with life. Experience the energy of studying in the heart of the capital, today’s centre of business, culture, and power of the world’s largest and fastest growing country. In the Central Business District, life goes 24/7 Beijing style, with Gucci shops next to tiny noodle restaurants, old men playing Chinese chess on the street besides luxury shopping malls. Beijing is big, fast, exciting, rich and at the same time small, slow, historic and poor and there is no better place to experience this amazing city, it’s contradictions and culture than the CBD.
The school is located in one of the first complexes built in the Central Business District and on the 29th floor of the Sunshine 100 complex next to Beijing’s first subway line (Line 1). With a total of ten class rooms, a common area with sofas, free WIFI, a kitchen and a lunch area, the school atmosphere is family style, where everyone eats lunch together and can relax after class with their classmates and teachers. If you want to know where to get the best noodles in the area or just need some help with your homework we are happy to help – just ask.
School Tour Video
Have a look at the LTL Mandarin School Sign Up Guide for details on how to book a course.Contact Us with your questions or Sign Up Now for your Chinese course.
If you have any questions regarding our destinations, courses, accommodation or even if you just want to say hello, we are always happy to hear from you. You can contact us using the form below or if you’d prefer, email us directly on email@example.com. Our team will normally be in touch within 24 hrs of receiving your message, although you may have to wait a little longer at weekends.
If you need to speak to us urgently, you can always give us a call on +86 10 5100 1269 for Beijing, or +86 21 3368 0866 for Shanghai, between 8.30am and 6.30pm local Beijing/Shanghai time.
* These fields are required.
How to Sign Up
Know everything you need to know? Ready for your Chinese adventure? You can sign up online for your language course at LTL by filling out the form on our Sign Up page
If you want to learn about the LTL sign up process, you can download our LTL Sign Up Guide for step by step information.