- Experienced and certified teachers (BA/MA in ‘Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language’)
- Flexible class times and locations
- A curriculum to suit your needs
- The LTL Quality Guarantee – only pay us if we deliver what we promise
- All LTL teachers speak English (other languages may also be available)
- 2-on-1 classes available for friends, couples or colleagues of a similar Chinese level
Choosing 1-on-1 Chinese classes allows our teachers to focus on your needs alone, which leads to faster language learning. These private classes also allow our teachers to focus on your pronunciation, one of the most challenging aspects of speaking Mandarin but one of the most crucial to get correct. Another great benefit of 1-on-1 learning is your class schedule can be organized to your specific requirements. If you’re working in Shanghai then evening Chinese classes or weekend Chinese classes might work best.
LTL Mandarin School can personalize the curriculum to match your needs and interests following a short consultation with our Director of Studies in Shanghai. This could mean concentrating on certain areas of language learning such as listening or writing, or possibly certain Chinese vocabulary, such as business language or phrases for day-to-day life.
Our 1-on-1 Classes can be held at our school, in your home, your office, favorite coffee shop or wherever else you feel most comfortable to study.
- A government-certified and experienced teacher.
- Personalized curriculum to match what is relevant to you and your learning style.
- No additional charges for teacher transport for locations within the 4th subway line.
- No additional charges for studying on weekends, mornings & evenings (classes are available 7 days a week, from 7:30am to 9.00pm)
- Satisfaction through our LTL Quality Guarantee.
Want to study with a friend? We also offer 2-on-1 Classes:
- Study with a friend/partner/colleague, adding a little healthy competition to your classes.
- A more economical price per person.
- Flexibility of 1-on-1 classes combined with a group class environment.
1-on-1 Mandarin Class Prices
|1-on-1, Certified Mandarin Teacher||132 CNY||139 CNY||143 CNY||152 CNY|
2-on-1 Mandarin Class Prices
|Price (per person), Hours||>150||101-150||51-100||25-50|
|2-on-1, Certified Mandarin Teacher||75||77||82||87|
Class Cancellations – Terms & Conditions
Lessons can be cancelled/rescheduled free of charge at least 24 hours in advance of the class starting, they can’t be cancelled after this time. Class schedules must be organised with the school one week in advance.
For more information or to sign up for classes, please Contact us
- The most flexible of all LTL programs. Cancel your class with just two hours notice at no charge.
- No need for a schedule – book classes as you want or need them with just 6 hours notice.
- All teachers experienced and fully qualified.
- All books and study material included.
- Corporate Mandarin classes are also available over Skype for when you’re away on business
- All teachers speak English (other languages may be available).
LTL offers a private Chinese study program designed specifically for busy Business professionals in Shanghai who require a flexible learning schedule. We understand that you may have to attend meetings or leave for business on short notice and are therefore unable to plan your classes a week in advance.
Our Corporate Mandarin Program allows you to:
- Schedule one class at a time with just 6 hours notice.
- Change the location of your lessons as you need to.
- Cancel a class with just 2 hours notice.
- Have class via Skype when you’re away on business.
All study materials are included in your program and all of the LTL teachers are fully qualified with a BA/MA in ‘Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language’. The curriculum taught is designed specifically to your language learning needs, both in terms of learning style and your desired outcomes. Whether you want to work on pronunciation or just improve your business vocabulary, we can accommodate you.
Our Corporate Mandarin classes can be held at your office, your home, your favorite coffee shop or wherever else you find yourself with free time to study.
Corporate Mandarin Program Prices
Please see the following table for the full pricing of Business Chinese classes in Shanghai (Prices in CNY/h):
|Certified Mandarin Teacher||200||220|
For more information or in order to sign up, please Contact us
Part-Time Group Classes
- Part-time classes (3 hours per week) available mornings, evenings and weekends in small groups (maximum of 6 students).
- Offered at 4 levels: A0 (absolute beginner), A1, A2 and B1.
- Experienced and certified teachers (BA/MA in ‘Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language’).
- All LTL teachers speak English.
- Fun and social environment.
- Great option for those who don’t want to pay private tuition prices.
For both beginners and more experienced students, part-time group classes are the perfect Mandarin choice for those who want fast improvement whilst saving on the cost of private classes. It’s a great way of meeting other foreigners in Shanghai and having other students with you in the class means you can engage in active conversations with other learners, immediately practicing your new vocabulary and sentence patterns.
Our Part-Time Mandarin Group Course consists of 3 hours per week (2 x 1.5 hour classes) and can be either taken as Morning Classes (every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 am to 9:00 am) or you can choose Evening Classes (every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm). For those of you with no time to spare in the week, we also offer part-time Weekend Classes (every Saturday morning from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm). Classes are available at A0, A1, A2 and B1 levels* and take place at our school in downtown Shanghai, just a few minutes walk from Shaanxi Nan Lu metro station, right next to Yong Kang Lu in the French Concessions. Classes have a maximum of 6 students, with a current average of 3. Your current level will be determined via a language assessment by our Director of Studies, free of charge.
Timetable of Upcoming Classes
|Start date||Program Name||Level(s)||Day(s)||Time(s)||Hrs/wk||Length of course|
|Apr. 11, 2017||Evening Classes||A0, A1, A2, B1||Tues/Thurs||7 – 8:30pm||3||6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks|
|Apr. 18, 2017||Morning Classes||A0, A1, A2, B1||Tues/Thurs||8 – 9:30am||3||6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks|
|Apr. 15, 2017||Weekend Classes||A0, A1, A2, B1||Saturday||9 – 12pm||3||6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks|
Above the starting dates for evening, morning and weekend Chinese classes starting this and next week. If you want to start your course later than that contact us for a full list of future starting dates.
Prices for morning, evening and weekend classes are the same and will depend on the amount of weeks you take.
|Length of Course||Total Price (CNY)|
*All prices are in CNY
For a full quotation or if you have any questions please Contact us
Full-Time Group Classes
- Full-time classes (12 hrs or 20 hrs per week)
- Study Chinese on a daily basis
- Courses offered at 4 levels: A0 (absolute beginner), A1, A2 and B1.
- Certified teachers (BA/MA in ‘Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language’).
- All LTL teachers are able to speak English.
- Become part of the LTL social community and join in dinners, drinks and trips.
- Great option for those who don’t want to pay private tuition prices.
If you aren’t working or have some free time coming up, you should consider our Full-Time Group Courses. Much more intensive than our other courses, these Chinese classes will allow for faster progression in a social setting. Coming to school on a daily basis, you soon feel part of the LTL family and are guaranteed to make some great friends. Practicing your spoken Chinese and learning new words on a daily basis will allow you to see improvements after just a week. If you really want to get speaking fast, you always have the option of adding some 1-on-1 classes to your group course.
We have 3 options of Full-Time Mandarin Group Courses.
Our Small Group Course is our most intensive program and consists of 20 hours per week (4 hours daily Monday to Friday) and includes studying both spoken and written Chinese.
The other full-time option is our Spoken Chinese Course which concentrates purely on speaking and listening skills and not on learning to read and write Chinese characters. Our Spoken Chinese Course is 12 hours per week, which takes place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and are usually from 10am to 3 pm with an hour lunch break.
The third option is the Spoken Intensive course, which includes 12 hours of small group and 8 hours of 1on1 spoken Chinese classes. The 1on1 spoken Chinese classes are taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays (4 hours each day at a time convenient for you).
Classes are available at A0, A1, A2 and B1 levels* and take place at our school in downtown Shanghai, a few hundred meters from the Shaanxi Lu subway stop on Lines 1, 10 and 12, right next to Yongkang Lu. Classes have a maximum of 6 students, with a current average of 3.
*your current level will be tested by our Director of Studies, free of charge.
Timetable of Upcoming Classes
|Start date||Program Name||Level(s)||Day(s)||Time(s)||Hrs/wk|
|Mar. 27, 2017||Small Group||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|Mar. 27, 2017||Spoken Chinese||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon/Weds/Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||12|
|Mar. 27, 2017||Spoken Intensive||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|Apr. 17, 2017||Small Group||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|Apr. 17, 2017||Spoken Chinese||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon/Weds/Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||12|
|Apr. 17, 2017||Spoken Intensive||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|May. 15, 2017||Small Group||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|May. 15, 2017||Spoken Chinese||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon/Weds/Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||12|
|May. 15, 2017||Spoken Intensive||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|Jun. 5, 2017||Small Group||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
|Jun. 5, 2017||Spoken Chinese||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon/Weds/Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||12|
|Jun. 5, 2017||Spoken Intensive||A0, A1, A2, B1||Mon-Fri||9am-2pm (1 hr lunch)||20|
These are the prices for the most common durations. It is possible to book a full time class for any period of time from one week to a whole year. Please contact us for a price quote.
|Prices in CNY||Description||2||4||6||8||12||Extra|
|Small Group||20h small group||4,442||7,673||11,025||14,054||19,385||1,615|
|Spoken Chinese||12h small group||2,665||4,604||6,615||8,432||11,631||969|
|Spoken Intensive||12h group & 8h 1on1||4,777||8,828||12,951||16,880||24,303||2,025|
Want a more intensive course? Small group classes can be combined with additional 1on1 classes. Prices and information about 1on1 classes you can find here.
If you have any questions or want to sign up for a course, please Contact us
If you have any questions regarding our destinations, courses, accommodation or even if you just want to say hello, we are always happy to hear from you. You can contact us using the form below or if you’d prefer, email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will normally be in touch within 24 hrs of receiving your message, although you may have to wait a little longer at weekends.
If you need to speak to us urgently, you can always give us a call on +86 21 3368 0866 between 8.30am and 6.30pm local Beijing/Shanghai time.
* These fields are required.
How to Sign Up
Know everything you need to know? Ready for your Chinese adventure? You can sign up online for your language course at LTL by filling out the form on our Sign Up page
If you want to learn about the LTL sign up process, you can download our LTL Sign Up Guide for step by step information.