LTL offers full visa support for all it’s full time students. Which visa you should apply for will depend on your nationality, duration of stay, and where you will apply. Your student advisor will let you know which visa would be most suitable for you during the registration process. Charges and processing times at your embassy do vary, but usually are quite reasonable. The fees for the invitation documents and visa extensions in Beijing you can download here.
A few pointers
- Try to get your Chinese visa application done early. The visa starts on the day you enter the country, not when you receive it, and it is good to not get stressed just before your departure to China.
- Usually you need to apply in your home country or country of residence. Check with your local embassy.
- If you need a multiple entry visa, please let us know and we will be happy to send you an invitation for multiple entries (no extra charges).
- It can be a good idea to apply via a local visa agent if that agent is experienced in dealing with your local Chinese embassy. Regulations and practices can vary widely from embassy to embassy and not always all information is written on their websites. An agent who is familiar with actual practices might be able to save you a lot of time. We have a list of Chinese visa agencies in different countries that our students used in the past, if you have any additions to it or feedback on any of the agents, please contact us.
- So far all LTL students and interns have successfuly received visas and visa extensions for their full stay with LTL, however The final decision for visas and extensions is always made by the Chinese embassy and cannot be controlled by LTL.
- Check the duration of your visa and if you need an extension in China, please let us know at least three weeks before your visa expries.
- Do not try to enter China without a visa. Do not overstay your visa once you are in China.
- Chinese law requires foreigners to register with their local Chinese station within 24 hours of arrival. If you need help with this, consider one of the LTL survival kits.
- If you have any questions regarding visas, the application process, or extensions in China, please contact us at any time.